This week in NYC is all about museum openings, comedy and the Brooklyn Nets!
The Brooklyn Nets home opener at Barclays Center Monday, November 3
El Greco in New York opens at The Met Tuesday, November 4
The New York Comedy Festival begins Wednesday, November 5-9
The Big Apple Film Festival also begins Wednesday, November 5-9
It’s Halloween Week in NYC and these are the 5 best events for you to take part in.
Motley Crue takes the stage at MSG on their “The Final Tour” tour Tuesday, October 28
The Knicks open the season at Madison Square Garden versus the Bulls Wednesday, October 29
The Real Thing starring Ewan McGregor opens on Broadway Thursday, October 30
The Village Halloween Parade is Friday, October 31
Wang Jianwei: Time Temple opens at the Guggenheim Museum Friday, October 31
Christopher Columbus, Michael C. Hall and Pickle Day are all part of this week in NYC
Celebrate Italian-American heritage at the Columbus Day Parade Monday, October 13
See Michael C. Hall’s debut in Hedwig and The Angry Inch Thursday, October 16
Get some hilarious tips at the Tinder Live comedy show Thursday, October 16
Attend Pickle Day in the Lower East Side Sunday, October 19
Bring your furry friends to Halloween Howl Sunday, October 19
The famous Israeli comedy troupe is coming stateside for the first time this month for a 5-week stint at the Players Theatre in Greenwich Village.
Beginning October 14, award-winning slapstick comedy ensemble Tziporela is coming to NYC, and they’re going to be bringing along tons of laughs. The group’s newest and most exciting show, Odd Birdz, is making its American debut next Tuesday and it is going to be a riot. Capturing the daily situational struggles of life, Odd Birdz mixes sketches and music and movement that all comes together for a night of high comedy that will have you curling over in laughter.
Before heading out to the Village, check out some of the comedy troupe’s most popular skits online like Cinema Show:
Or Something Stupid:
For Odd Birdz Tickets: http://bit.ly/1o3EqKi
Oktoberfest, Italian food and tattoos lead this weekend’s best events in NYC
Hear personal tattoo stories at the A Night of Pen & Ink free book event Tuesday, October 7
Kick off Italian Restaurant Week with great deals Wednesday, October 8
Attend Oktoberfest at Munich on the East River Friday, October 10
See Andrew Rannells during his last night of Hedwig & The Angry Inch Sunday, October 12
Attend the free New York Comic Con After Party Sunday, October 12
The spookiest night of the year takes a fun new angle in one of NYC’s greatest traditions, the Village Halloween Parade!
Taking on the classic idea of parades in NYC, but with a twist, the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade is a wild, fun and crazy night of organized chaos which is fully open to all! Beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 31, join the hundreds of others who will dress up in costume and gallivant through the streets of one of NYC’s most extravagant neighborhoods.
Here’s the lowdown:
- Anyone can participate but on one condition: you MUST be wearing a costume. No plain-clothed lame-o’s welcome!
- If you’re marching in the parade, arrive on 6th and Canal between 7 and 9 p.m.
- You’ll be marching up 6th, but really all you have to do is follow the crowd
- No alcohol on the streets! There are plenty of bars in the area to get your fill, this is supposed to be a family friendly event, not a reason to get smashed.
- There will be giant puppets, artists, dancers and over 50 bands from around the world playing some killer jams throughout the night.
- This year’s theme is ‘The Garden of Earthly Delights’
- If you don’t want to go, but would rather watch from home, you can find it on NY1
- Want to volunteer to animate a giant puppet? I don’t know what that means either, but you can do that, too! http://www.halloween-nyc.com/volunteer.php
The Village Halloween Parade has been NYC’s premiere Halloween Parade for over 40 years now, and all inclusive to anyone who wants to be a part of the fun. It is unquestionably on of the most vibrant celebrations of the year and if you happen to be in town, stop by to see what all the hype is about.