Check it out! Aired on May 25th 🙂
Attention: All my single ladies, all my single ladies….(and single gents!)
There are millions of single people that reside in the city of New York, yet one of the most common gripes among them is the lack of an organized time and place to meet and mingle with fellow singles.
The recently unveiled “Night on the Town” tour from Gray Line New York is pleased to announce a “singles” version of the tour, for one night only, Thursday, June 3rd, 2010! This offer provides $30 off the regular $89 ticket price and encourages singles across the city to hop on board a Gray Line and potentially find romance on the love bus.
More Information click SINGLES NIGHT ON THE TOWN
To celebrate the upcoming summer and NYC’s emerald empire, Gray Line New York, with their iconic red double-decker buses, is highlighting its top picks for the city’s most family-friendly parks and playgrounds. Some of them you may not even know or have heard anything about.
* Diana Ross Playground: The kids will love visiting this Central Park playground, located near 81st Street and Central Park West, for
outdoor fun and sun. With tire swings, tube slides, a gigantic wooden playscape, and even a mushroom water feature, there is non-stop fun to be had at this Manhattan playground. Visit Central Park with Gray Line New York’s Uptown Loop tour.
* Arthur Ross Pinetum Playground: Everyone can enjoy a bit of the outdoors at this city playground, also located in Central Park, northwest of the Great Lawn at 85th Street. Little tikes can have fun with the bucket swings, while older kids can climb and swing on the playground’s bars and traditional swings. The whole family can enjoy a fun outdoor lunch in the playground’s vast picnic area, set under a
beautiful pine tree canopy. Hop on/hop off at Arthur Ross Pinetum Playground with Gray Line New York’s Uptown Loop tour.
* Lenox Avenue Playground: Also located in Central Park, at 110th Street and Lenox Avenue, this newly renovated playground boasts tons of fun for kids of all ages. With its timber climbing structures, tire swings, and even a water feature, there is no need to worry about
shortage of entertainment here. Visit Lenox Avenue Playground with Gray Line New York’s Uptown Loop tour.
* Heckscher Playground: What better way to celebrate summer than by taking in an all-American baseball game? With its open fields that host several baseball and softball games throughout the season, Heckscher Playground is the perfect spot for the whole family to take in
a game or two together. Located at 61st Street and 7th Avenue, you can visit this Central Park playground with Gray Line New York’s Uptown Loop tour.
* Bryant Park: Centrally located in midtown Manhattan, Bryant Park is a must for outdoor family activities. Visit the park’s gardens, treat the kids to a ride on the carousel here, or even take in a family-friendly movie with the park’s summer movie series. Visit Bryant Park with Gray Line New York’s Downtown Loop tour.
* Madison Square Park: With its outdoor festivals and kid-friendly play areas, Madison Square Park is one not to be missed on your family trip to NYC. Every year, this park salutes the kids in our lives with their Spring Kids Fest and Madison Square Kids entertainment series, featuring child-friendly performers, live music, storytelling and more.
This is also a great spot for parents and older kids to enjoy, with the historical architecture and monuments located in and around the grounds, and relaxing rest areas. Visit Madison Square Park with Gray Line New York’s Downtown Loop tour.
* Booker T. Washington Playground: Complete with swings, slides and open spaces, this Riverside Park playground is a great outdoor spot for the kids. Located at 108th Street between Amsterdam and Columbus Avenues, you can visit with Gray Line New York’s Uptown Loop tour.
* Martin Luther King Playground: This playground is another great place for kid’s to soak up some summer sun. In addition to all the traditional playground must-haves, this spot also offers basketball courts, handball courts, spray showers for water fun, and volleyball courts. Located at 114th Street and Lenox Avenue, you can visit this playground with Gray Line New York’s Uptown Loop tour.
* Riverside Park: Stretching from 72nd Street to 158th Street along the Hudson River, Riverside Park is a fantastic place for the whole family to enjoy a serene landscape and spectacular views of the Hudson River. And be sure not to miss the park’s recreational facilities, including sports fields, a skate park and the public marina at 79th Street. Visit Riverside Park with Gray Line New York’s Uptown Loop tour.
* Battery Park: Head to lower Manhattan to visit one of the most recognized spots in the city, Battery Park. Once operating as the world’s first immigrant depot, this outdoor space is full of New York and American history that the whole family can appreciate. After you hop off your Gray Line New York bus, hop on one of the ferries that will take you to see the Statue of Liberty or Ellis Island. If water cruising is not of interest, stay on dry land and take a stroll through the park’s many gardens or have some play time at the Nelson A. Rockefeller Playground. Visit Battery Park with Gray Line New York’s Downtown Loop tour.
Gray Line New York, New York City’s premier double-decker bus and motorcoach tourism company, announces the launch of its “Ride of Fame” bus dedication campaign with New York-based Emmy Award-winning TV personality, and bestselling author Rachael Ray to be the inaugural personality honored.
Since 1926, Gray Line New York has been a proud staple of the New York City tourism industry, bringing visitors to all the must-see stops in New York City on its signature red double-decker tour buses. Now with its “Ride of Fame” campaign, Gray Line New York is recognizing and honoring leading New Yorkers, whom they identify as exemplary community figures. The city’s very own Rachael Ray stars as the first dedicatee.
“Gray Line’s double-decker buses are an iconic sight in NYC and as a New Yorker I am so honored to be the first dedicatee for their Ride of Fame,” says Rachael Ray.
When asked what an exemplary New Yorker means, David Chien, Director of Marketing for Gray Line New York said, “An exemplary New Yorker to us is a public figure who has represented New York positively in all of his or her endeavors and has proven why New York is the best city in the United States. Based on her hard work, personable character traits and all around charm, Rachael Ray fits the bill.”
The bus dedication will include the unveiling of a special full bus wrap applied to an iconic, open-top, red double-decker bus. Millions of sightseers will be able to “ride” the honoree’s bus each day for the remainder of the promotional month.
In addition, the dedicatee will be awarded with an unlimited lifetime ‘All Loops Tour’ pass, which includes a tour that covers all major landmarks in Downtown, Uptown Manhattan and Brooklyn as well as a Night Tour.
Hollywood may have its ‘Walk of Fame,” but now New York has its own mobile monument to immortalize New Yorkers honored by Gray Line New York for their contributions to making New York a great city. For more information, please visit, http://www.newyorksightseeing.com.
Next month’s honoree will be Donald Trump!