It’s that time of year again, when the best college football players from around the nation diverge upon New York City to find out where they will begin their professional careers next fall. Who will Kansas City take with this year’s first overall pick? Find out this Thursday at Radio City Music Hall.
Have you ever gone to see the draft in person? It’s a wonderful experience and best of all, it’s free- but getting tickets can be difficult because they are distributed on a first come, first served basis. Here’s how to get tickets to the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft:
- Wristbands will be distributed on Wednesday night at 9 p.m. for entrance to the first round which takes place on Thursday night.
- You must be present to get your wristband. No picking one up for your buddy who couldn’t get out of work in time. You have to be there
- On Draft Day, doors will open at 6:40 p.m. when tickets will be distributed to those fans with a wristband.
- You can begin lining up at 6 p.m. to try to get the best seats. (Note: officially, you are only allowed to line up as early as 6 p.m., however fans have been known to arrive as early as 8 a.m.)
- Enter Radio City Music Hall and watch as Commissioner Roger Goodell announces the unofficial beginning to the 2013 NFL season.
Are you going to the draft this year? How early do you plan on getting there? Tell us your story by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Don’t forget to join us on Twitter for this week’s #GLNYchat, where we will discuss all things NFL & NYC.
Photo Credit: Flickr / Official U.S. Navy Imagery