Welcome to Eat & Play Wednesday, where each week Gray Line New York will be highlighting one of our friends who offer discounts with the Eat and Play Card. Today we are taking a look at The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum, who offers 20% off with the card.
The Guggenheim is an internationally famous art museum, known as one of the most important architectural icons in the world. At one time, The Guggenheim Museum was considered a vital cultural center, an educational institution and the heart of an international network of museums. Today visitors can check out modern art, take classes with lectures from artist and critics, see performances, take tours of the museum as well as enjoy film screenings. The Guggenheim is a museum truly devoted to all art of the 20th century and beyond.
Guggenheim is open 7 days a week, Sunday through Wednesday and Friday from 10 a.m. -5:45 p.m., and Saturday from 10 am – 7:45 pm. The Guggenheim is closed on Thursdays.
With the Eat and Play card you receive 20% off the price of admission at the door.
5 Quick Facts
- The Guggenheim building is made of 700 tons of steel and 7,000 cubic feet of poured concrete
- The distance between the Guggenheim rotunda floor to the top of the building measures 97 feet 9 inches
- It took $3 million to build the Guggenheim Museum 1943-1959. The restoration of the exterior 2005-2008 cost $29 million
- Movies filmed at the Guggenheim include Bye Bye Birdie, Woody Allen’s Manhattan, Men in Black, The International & When in Rome
- The Guggenheim is the only New York City landmark that has been compared to an inverted cupcake, giant Jell-O mold & washing machine
You can purchase your Eat and Play Card online here, or in person at our visitors’ center at 777 8th Avenue.