For some time now, we at Gray Line New York have been trying to figure out why there is no twitter chat about New York City. We’ve been wondering why there isn’t a place dedicated to thoughtful, educational and engaging conversation about the greatest city in the world. We believe that this kind of open discussion on twitter is essential to the New York City community, to travelers anticipating a trip to our great town, and to NYC itself.
Up until now, there has been no hashtag chat devoted to the incredible world of New York City travel, but that is changing. We have decided to take it upon ourselves to start this conversation and a proud to announce that starting next week (1/31), every Thursday at 3:30 Gray Line New York will be hosting #GLNYchat; a hashtag chat on twitter dedicated to all aspects of the New York City travel world.
This is what you can expect from #GLNYchat:
- Anyone is allowed to participate in #GLNYchat
- The chat will be hosted every Thursday on Twitter beginning at 3:30, ending at 4:30 p.m. (starting 1/31)
- Each week’s chat will focus on one central, timely theme, within the overall category of NYC travel. (think “love in NYC,” around Valentine’s Day)
- The first chat will focus on “Shows in NYC” since it will take place during Broadway Week and Off Broadway Week
- We will tweet 6 opinion-based questions during the chat, one every 10 minutes.
- Once the first question is asked, we (any and everyone) can all discuss our answers, share our thoughts and chat
- After 10 minutes of chatting, we move onto the next question.
- Everyone is encouraged to use the hashtag #GLNYchat to connect with everyone else in the conversation
- Once we get through all 6 questions, we open up discussion on what we all want next week’s topic to be. This way the community dictates what we talk about.
That last bullet point is key, because this chat is for you, traveler coming to NYC next summer, and you, NYC resident, and you, cousin of the college roommate of the guy who went to New York that one time. Despite what the name may imply, this isn’t going to be about Gray Line New York. #GLNYchat is going to be for and about the people who make New York City the greatest city in the world.
So next Thursday at 3:30, join us on twitter by following the hashtag #GLNYchat, and let’s see if we can make this into something great.