Dana and Ben perform a song for the Tziporela comedy troupe. Photo Credit: Tziporela
The famous Israeli comedy troupe is coming stateside for the first time this month for a 5-week stint at the Players Theatre in Greenwich Village.
Beginning October 14, award-winning slapstick comedy ensemble Tziporela is coming to NYC, and they’re going to be bringing along tons of laughs. The group’s newest and most exciting show, Odd Birdz, is making its American debut next Tuesday and it is going to be a riot. Capturing the daily situational struggles of life, Odd Birdz mixes sketches and music and movement that all comes together for a night of high comedy that will have you curling over in laughter.
Before heading out to the Village, check out some of the comedy troupe’s most popular skits online like Cinema Show:
Or Something Stupid:
For Odd Birdz Tickets: http://bit.ly/1o3EqKi
And be sure to follow the troupe on Facebook and Twitter for all the latest news and videos!
The spookiest night of the year takes a fun new angle in one of NYC’s greatest traditions, the Village Halloween Parade!
Taking on the classic idea of parades in NYC, but with a twist, the Greenwich Village Halloween Parade is a wild, fun and crazy night of organized chaos which is fully open to all! Beginning at 7 p.m. on Friday, October 31, join the hundreds of others who will dress up in costume and gallivant through the streets of one of NYC’s most extravagant neighborhoods.
Here’s the lowdown:
- Anyone can participate but on one condition: you MUST be wearing a costume. No plain-clothed lame-o’s welcome!
- If you’re marching in the parade, arrive on 6th and Canal between 7 and 9 p.m.
- You’ll be marching up 6th, but really all you have to do is follow the crowd
- No alcohol on the streets! There are plenty of bars in the area to get your fill, this is supposed to be a family friendly event, not a reason to get smashed.
- There will be giant puppets, artists, dancers and over 50 bands from around the world playing some killer jams throughout the night.
- This year’s theme is ‘The Garden of Earthly Delights’
- If you don’t want to go, but would rather watch from home, you can find it on NY1
- Want to volunteer to animate a giant puppet? I don’t know what that means either, but you can do that, too! http://www.halloween-nyc.com/volunteer.php
The Village Halloween Parade has been NYC’s premiere Halloween Parade for over 40 years now, and all inclusive to anyone who wants to be a part of the fun. It is unquestionably on of the most vibrant celebrations of the year and if you happen to be in town, stop by to see what all the hype is about.