Where is the best place to see a movie in NYC?
Sometimes you need to take a break from the hustle and bustle of sightseeing in NYC. We get it, we live here. We know how crazy it can be and we know that sometimes if you’re visiting NYC, the best way to get away from it all is at the movies. Take a couple of hours, buy a jumbo popcorn, and relax. It will be just like home. After all, once you’ve been to one movie theater, you’ve been to all of them, right?
New York City, as it does to many other thing, takes movie theaters to a whole new level. These are the best movie theaters in NYC:
- Worried about getting to the theatre early to find seats? Not here! Buy in advance so you can show up during the previews and not worry about a thing.
- This is on the top of our list for one reason – lazy boy recliners. It’s like you’re at home, except you have a bunch of strangers lounging next to you.
- Thirsty during the movie and don’t want to walk all the way back to the counter? No worries, just head outside of your theater where you will find refill machines for your Coke Zero.
- Popcorn is a solid A-, they lose points because they use bags not buckets. (Believe me, it’s a game changer!)
- This place is massive, so if you’re looking for a place with a lot of options and floors this is it.
- Advance screenings – want to see the Hunger Games the day before it comes out? This theater is privy to advance screen certain films.
- Like extra butter on your popcorn? Do it yourself here!
- Location, location, location. Easy to get to no matter what part of the city you’re coming from.
- Want a theater that doesn’t follow the standard rules? This theater thinks a little out of the box.
- The design of this place makes you feel like you are going to a Broadway show more than a movie, makes the experience extra special.
- The Rocky Horror Picture Show – every Friday AND Saturday night.
- $6 tickets on Super Tuesday!
- Not a fan of people? This is your theater.
- If you are living or working in the downtown area, this is definitely your best option for theaters.
- Solid popcorn time after time, may not rank number one but consistently counts!
Do you have a favorite theater in NYC? Tell us about it on Twitter at @GrayLineNewYork