What is a Hop on, Hop off bus tour?
We get a lot of questions from our visitors all about our bus tours and how they work. One of the most common questions we get is about our top products, the hop on, hop off double decker bus tours. As people who work with these buses every single day, sometime take for granted the fact that not everyone has been exposed to this type of tour previously.
- When you redeem your ticket, it is valid for 24 hours, 48 hours, or another pre-determined amount of time.
- We have 50 spots throughout the city where our bus makes stops on our various tours. You can check out our map online here.
- You can ‘hop on’ the bus at any of these stops you purchased a ticket for. For example:
- Once on the bus, you can ride for as long as the bus remains in service and on its loop. The bus will continue to make stops at each of the pre-marked destinations.
- Any time the bus makes a stop, you can ‘hop off’ and further explore the area on your own. Maybe you want to grab some lunch, maybe you want to use your Empire State Building tickets; you can hop off for as long as you like.
- When you hop off, you hang onto your tickets. You will need them next time you want to hop on again.
- Buses come through each stop every 15-20 minutes, so if you find yourself waiting at one of our bus stops, be patient because another bus will be there soon!
So, are you still confused about what “Hop on, Hop off” means? Do you have other questions you would like to see answered? Let us know on Twitter at @GrayLineNewYork.