Welcome to Eat & Play Wednesday, where each week Gray Line New York will be highlighting one of our friends who offer discounts with the Eat and Play Card. Today we are taking a look at The Intrepid, Sea, Air and Space Museum, who offers 20% off with the card.
The Intrepid, Sea, Air and Space Museum is a grand collection of museum ships in NYC, filled with military and maritime history and is located in Pier 86 street. Shortly after a prominent New York real estate developer and philanthropist named Zachary Fisher and a journalist named Michael Stern fought for and succeeded in saving a WWII aircraft carrier named the USS Intrepid from being scrapped in 1978, The Intrepid, Sea, Air and Space Museum was founded in 1982. In addition to holding the Intrepid, the museum also houses the submarine USS Growler, a Concorde SST, A Lockheed A-12 supersonic reconnaissance plane and the most recent awarded gift, The Space Shuttle Enterprise.
The Intrepid is open 7 days a week, from 10 a.m. -5 p.m., and open an extra hour late on Saturdays and Sundays until October 31st.
With the Eat and Play card you receive 20% off the price of admission at the door.
5 Quick Facts
- In 2007, The Intrepid was used in the filming of the Will Smith movie, I Am Legend
- The Intrepid was used as headquarters for the FBI during 911
- The Intrepid became a national landmark in 1986
- In 2012, the Space Shuttle Enterprise landed in NYC and has since been housed on the main deck of the Intrepid
- Until 2013, the museum served as the home base for all Fleet Week activities in NYC
You can purchase your Eat and Play Card online here, or in person at our visitors center at 777 8th Avenue.