It’s too nice outside to be stuck at your gym or at home exercising! Sometimes jogging can become tedious, but jogging in New York City might make you forget that you’re even sweating. Make fitness fun by exploring the city and still being able to get the summer body you want to achieve.
Here is our list of top spots to jog in NYC:
8. Roosevelt Island
7. High Line Park – Go early or don’t go at all.
6. Riverside Park
5. Inwood Hill Park
4. East River Bridges – Great views, nice inclines, but be prepared to slow for the walkers. It can be a tight squeeze on the bridges at some points.
3. Prospect Park – Our favorite Brooklyn running getaway.
2. Hudson River Greenway – Run the length of the Hudson, right on the water. It’s beautiful.
And the best place to run in NYC is…
1. Central Park Reservoir – Nothing beats running the Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis Reservoir. The views are beautiful, there’s room to pass slower runners, the track isn’t too hard and it isn’t too soft- It’s as good a place as you’ll find in NYC to go for a jog.
One tip: Ever heard of the early bird gets the worm? Well, let’s just say you might want to be a jogging bird. Remember its New York! If you want to take a walk or jog in NYC it’s very hard to avoid people and cyclists in your way, so head out early before everyone wakes up!
Change up your scenery and jog on.
Photo Credit: Flickr / Ed Yourdon