Happy New Year from Gray Line New York!
We’re looking forward to a brand new year here in the Big Apple and to kick things off, we thought we’d compile our own set of New Year’s Resolutions.
As the Community Manager for New York City’s red Double-Decker buses, you would think I’ve seen it all! The truth is, I’m a Florida transplant who still has a few items left on her New York City Bucket List.
With that, here are my Top 10 New Year’s Resolutions In New York City:
- Cloisters Museum – Doug, my co-worker in the Interactive Media Department, tells me all the time I should drop everything I do and visit this museum ASAP! The distance from our Midtown office is slightly intimidating, but the Medieval architecture and artwork ranging from the 12th-15th Century is extremely intriguing.
- Guggenheim Museum – My apartment is just a few short blocks from Museum Mile and this year, my goal is to check out a new exhibit at least once a month.
- 9/11 Memorial – For some reason, I can’t bring myself to visit the 9/11 Memorial just yet. When the time is right, I’ll make sure to bring my family and visit this extremely moving memorial together.
- Sex & The City Hotspots Tour – Alright, don’t judge now.. I’m a huge fan of this popular show filmed in the heart of the City that Never Sleeps. What’s your favorite movie or television show filmed in the city?
- How To Succeed In Business Without Even Trying – I’m a huge sucker for anything Harry Potter related, so when I learned that Daniel Radcliffe was the star of this hit Broadway Show, I knew I had to check it out. Although Radcliffe just wrapped up his final performance, I know this classic show will be a hit for years to come.
- Dialog in the Dark – Ever wondered what it’s like to experience the sights, sounds and smells of New York City in complete darkness? This experience will change your every day outlook on navigating the city streets.
- Rent – Confession: I’ve seen the movie Rent about 10 times, but still have yet to see the Broadway Show! Hopefully the cast members won’t mind me signing along.
- Empire State Building – Ever seen the movie, Sleepless in Seattle? Let’s just say I’m still waiting for the final scene to happen to me! 😉
- The Ride – If you’ve ever walked through Midtown Manhattan, you may have seen various actors break out in song and dance for The Ride. A Broadway Show and tour all in one? Sign me up.
- Woodbury Common Premium Outlets – Living in New York City can get sightly expensive if you aren’t careful, which is why I can’t wait to make a trip out to Woodbury Common this Spring. Shop ’til you drop!
Now it’s your turn!
What are your New Year’s Resolutions of new things to do while visiting New York City?
– Shannon May, Community Manager at Gray Line New York.